We are always looking for new and fun ways to teach beginners to advanced sewers' new techniques and tools. If there is something that you are looking to learn or are interested in a class you may have missed please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email or phone. Contact Us!
- 7 Techniques Quilt As You Go Quilting Section by Section with Marie-Claire via Zoom Nov 25 and Dec 2Nov. 25, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.Zoom with Marie ClaireIt is hard to squeeze a big quilt through the opening of a sewing machine but you don't want to pay a huge amount of money to have your quilt professionally done. The solution is to quilt section by section and then assemble your quilt.
- Nov. 19, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.Quilters Barn and Gifts, 1087 Concession St, Russell, ON K4R, CanadaBeginner Friendly Table Runner finishes 16" x 40"
- Nov. 17, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.Quilters Barn and Gifts, 1087 Concession St, Russell, ON K4R, CanadaA great Quilt As You Go project, this Tote measures 12-1/2" x 21" x 13-1/2". Uses 5" squares. A great option is to use a Heat n Bond Liquid Vinyl or Odi Coat for a water resistant base. Project uses Soft & Stable foam or Bosal for a sturdy, yet pliable bag.
- Nov. 12, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.Quilters Barn and Gifts, 1087 Concession St, Russell, ON K4R, CanadaBeginner Friendly--Placement of Half Square Triangles and squares creates this beautiful treeskirt/table topper
- Nov. 10, 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ESTQuilters Barn and Gifts, 1087 Concession St, Russell, ON K4R, CanadaLarge zipper top bag, great for all of you magical stuff! Two pockets on the outside and inside keep everything organized. Structural stays keep the bags shape. Use a focus fabric and channel stitch the body of the bag.
- Nov. 03, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EDTZoom ClassNot a fan of free motion quilting? This workshop will show you how to quilt using your walking foot with stunning results. This technique is the new rage in quilting. We will be inspired from a book by Canadian designer Melissa Marginet. Get ready to bring your projects to a new level and go bey
- Oct. 27, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.Zoom with Marie-Claire CharetteThis 1/2 day workshop is an excellent compliment to the 7 Techniques Quilt As You Go Workshop. You will learn two techniques with numerous variations that make quilting our quilts so much fun! With all these techniques the seams will be on top of your quilt and covered with a sashing.
- My Kinda Town Block of the Month - 8 sessions- Sept 21, Oct 26, Nov 23, Jan 25, Feb 22, Mar 22 and Apr 26 from 7-8pmSep. 21, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.Zoom with Marie-Claire CharetteWe are pleased to announce that we will be partnering with Marie-Claire(La Quilting Coach) who will lead us through a Block of the Month called My Kinda Town.
- Sep. 18, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.Zoom with Marie-Claire CharetteFoundation paper piecing is a very common quilting technique that enables us to achieve complicated designs with perfect piecing. Come and learn tips and tricks to add this technique to your quilting
- Aug. 31, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.Zoom with TaraThis quilt measures 52” x 65 ½” It is an elegant yet playful quilt for fall. Pumpkins lineup for the harvest in black, orange, and grey making it ideal for the entire season.